POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No animation for any POV v 3.62 provided files : Re: No animation for any POV v 3.62 provided files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No animation for any POV v 3.62 provided files
From: Robert Baer
Date: 24 Oct 2009 20:10:01
Message: <web.4ae39651b547aa51f90682890@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> "Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> wrote in message
> >  I have tried repair as well as re-installing, to no avail.
> >  Help!
>
> a clearer description of your problem might be useful ....

Notes i took:
/* POV Ray complains about the contents of #include "BAER.ini" which contains
 clock = 1
 Initial_Frame = 1
 Final_Frame = 20
  AND *NONE* of the above lines are accepted!

   POV Ray complains about this:  #declare clock_on=true;
   additional animation variables
#declare X=clock_delta;       // clock step between frames
#declare X=initial_clock;     // clock value of first rendered frame (+KIn.n)
#declare X=final_clock;       // clock value of last rendered frame (+KFn.n)
#declare X=initial_frame;     // initial frame number (+KFIn).
#declare X=final_frame;       // final frame number (+KFIn).
#declare X=clock_on;          // true if scene is rendered as an animation
   above is of ZERO help for animation
   Note: under 'Options', 'Use Render Animation' and 'Use Extensions' are
checked..
         BUT animation is OFF. *ALL* animation samples have this problem!
#declare K = 3; // of ZERO help, use of '+K' is worse.
*/

  There is no "freezing" everything else seems to work OK.
  *No error messages.
  BTW, under the Options drop-down,  i checked Render Priority to HIGH, and
checked "Use Render Animation.
  I went further to create a BATCH file to invoke which starts the POV Ray
program using the +K1 parameter - NO help!
  There are a few other things (copied from the Help document) which also do not
work, but animation is critical.