POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : POV-Ray Math uses : Re: POV-Ray Math uses Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Math uses
From: Charles C
Date: 23 Oct 2009 01:20:01
Message: <web.4ae13cc7f2bee6ffcac4259f0@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>   > They're flying by sheer brute force anyway...
>
> I don't know much about aerodynamics, but I think the wings have 0
> sustainability by its shape, but its presence offer some by cutting
> through air, gives it direction and makes possible the curves it does,
> brute force mostly not sheerly I presume.

Yes, they tend to have a very steep glide path due to the flat/no airfoil.
They're really meant for flying by the prop and control surfaces rather than the
wing.  Foamies sure are fun to fly though.  The huge control surfaces mean
they're practically swimming if they aren't too heavy.  Seeing those VPP foamies
is making me want one now!

Charles