POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My hat is off to all of you! : Re: My hat is off to all of you! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My hat is off to all of you!
From: blockh34d
Date: 20 Oct 2009 02:10:01
Message: <web.4add539ccdd2e86036fc03090@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > unless he's changed quite a lot, I don't think that's him (though it's hard
> > to tell at that size).
>
> what about this?
> http://www.dispatch.com/2006/02/06/20060206-Pc-E1-0700.jpg
>
> It's from a Columbus, Ohio journal.  Depicts a Columbus College of Art and
> Design professor teaching "game design" (!!).  Webdesign for the jornal by
> some Douglas Miller guy:
> http://home.columbus.rr.com/dougmiller/
>
> Doug is also a 1970's graduate from CCAD
> (http://www.ccad.edu/alumni10-1970s.htm), like Mike, and knows povray and
> worked with Mike on a studio called "Head Spin Studios", which was headed
> by Mike according to http://moca.virtual.museum/miller.htm.
>
> here's proof, from Doug's previous (?) site:
> http://www.highenergygraphics.com/hienergy.php?stream=&fileID=49
>
> look at the cup logo.
>
> many coincidences?  or just too much assumptions?... :))
>
> ah!  the power of hypertext and the semantic web! :D

the dispatch pic looks like him to me, the earlier msg's one does not. I was
really psyched to hear he was teaching something at CCAD here but now i cant
find it... I'd go take it just for kicks, its really very informative to be
around the guy.

I learned quite a lot working for him and Doug Dodd there at Headspin Studios in
the mid-late 90's. I was something of the house programmer/scripter and junior
artist, studying under those two. I just tried contacting Doug through that
highenergygraphics link, hopefully he'll respond... I'd love to catch up. No
leads on Mike tho, that guy has to keep real busy with his family and all. Maybe
someday he'll find some more time to blow our minds with crazy 3D!