POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : wacom bamboo fun : Re: wacom bamboo fun Server Time
4 Sep 2024 23:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wacom bamboo fun
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Oct 2009 01:55:02
Message: <web.4add4ffb5c35d79a8c53dd70@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > It's like drawing with the real thing, be it chalk, guache, pencil or ink...
>
> There's a program on Microsoft tablets called ArtRage that simulates paint
> brushes and crayons and all kinds of good stuff like that, even to the point
> of making brush strokes and smearing the paint colors together when you
> cross lines with different colors and such.  Much fun.

That's great!  With Gimp the best I can do is manual smear (with jitter) and
play with multiply or opacity settings.

I've also been playing with a layer in dissolve mode.  Pressure sensitivity is
amazing with it... pure chalk drawing... so beautiful, I'm almost tearful... :D

I'm never going back to mouse.  well, except at work...