POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 19 Oct 2009 06:00:02
Message: <web.4adc381048067d0f6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
> Anyone claiming to judge movies otherwise, and considering my way to
> judge movies superficial, I'd consider them dishonest, puffed-up
> intellectual farts.

Oi! :)

I try to have no expectations of a movie that I don't know anything (or much)
about; I often enjoy such movies more than any other precisely for that reason.
In such cases, I'll try to classify it by genre only afterwards.

For your second point, naturally you're entitled to enjoy any movie any way you
see fit :)

In many cases, however, I can see what's coming from the publicity. Where
overly-hyped cinema is concerned, I am rarely wrong about what is coming. I knew
exactly what I was getting with, say, Transformers (and was not disappointed!).
I knew exactly what was coming with, say, Ghost Rider (and was accordingly
disappointed).

We don't all watch movies in the same way. If we did, there would be no
controversy over what constitutes a 'good' movie or a 'bad' movie.