POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coloured bulbs : Re: Coloured bulbs Server Time
10 May 2024 08:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coloured bulbs
From: mone
Date: 16 Oct 2009 19:45:01
Message: <web.4ad90516489965a718ebfdf70@news.povray.org>
"William Pokorny" <pokorny_epix_net> wrote:

> Artefacts is probably not the best term - limitations might be better. For
> example, in the coloured bulbs image I put an individual, randomised, bozo
> sphere around each so the colour pattern reflected would be different. I started
> with the idea of putting the texture on the inside of a hollow sphere, but could
> not get the reflection-amplification effect to work at all that way. Eventually
> I got there with a transmit filter on the outside of the sphere using
> no_reflection, no_shadow for those spheres - but I could not use no_image
> because then I lost the transmit filter.  Long winded way to say that when I try
> to build a scene around these type of "bulbs," the edges of this outer sphere
> show up and the illusion is broken.

Oh, that sounds very complicated. I'm not sure whether I've understood it
completely. I once had made an earth globe with a frosted rim like appearance. I
have adapted the code a bit, so that it might look a little like the frosted
bauble you are looking for. But maybe the bozo texture thing is not quite what
you were looking for? Because there's not much bozo in the middle of the sphere.
However, you only need one sphere, at least and not an additional outer one in
this case.

Regards,

Simone

/////////////////////////////////////////
camera {
  location  <0.0, -1, -23.5>
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>

  right x*image_width/image_height

  angle 30

}

light_source {       <0, 0, 3.5>  color rgb <-.15 ,1, 1>*55  shadowless  } //
light behind sphere for frosted rim

light_source {   /// light inside sphere
  0*x
  color rgb <4,1,1>*2
  translate <0, 0, 0>
}

light_source {       /// normal light (works without too)
  0*x
  color rgb <1,1,1>*.5
  translate <0, 0, -20>
}

sphere
{
<0, 0, 0>
3.0
  texture { pigment {  color rgbt <.25,.01,0.01,.3> }    }

   texture {
      pigment {
        bozo
        color_map {

          [0.0 color rgbt <.0, .0, .0, .67> ]
          [1 color rgbt <.2, .2, .2, 1> ]
        }
        scale .6
      }
    }

finish {  phong .3 phong_size 5   ambient .4}
hollow on

}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: