POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compiling povray 3.7.0 on ubuntu 64 : Re: compiling povray 3.7.0 on ubuntu 64 Server Time
16 May 2024 22:07:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: compiling povray 3.7.0 on ubuntu 64
From: waggy
Date: 15 Oct 2009 16:40:00
Message: <web.4ad787c1a095ebc6f99d05c80@news.povray.org>
"tony" wrote:
> What boost version have you? Have you instaled boost?
>
> I tried with ..enable-static and continue going the same mistakes.
>
> I don't know how to use povray 7 in my ubuntu, 8 cpu.
>
> If anyone can help me to compile or send me the binaries.

I compiled and installed Boost 1.40.0 as a regular user on a shared cluster, so
the installation was a bit more involved.  Like Le Forgeron, below, I found it
necessary to ./configure --with-boost=[path to lib directory], as well.

You can read the detailed instructions for this somewhat unusual installation on
my wiki to see if any of it helps.

http://wiki.waggy.org/dokuwiki/povray/shamu_install

The POV-Ray installation instructions are near the bottom, at step 5.