POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox DOS : Re: Firefox DOS Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Firefox DOS
From: Reactor
Date: 14 Oct 2009 01:20:00
Message: <web.4ad55f6e3b0e893a9e463e20@news.povray.org>
> There has to be a way to stop a script that does
>
> while (1) {alert("Ha ha!");}
>
> from making you kill your browser from the taskbar, yes?
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    I ordered stamps from Zazzle that read "Place Stamp Here".

I discussed this with my brother once, and we agreed that a modal javascript
alert should only be within a tab.  That way, something silly like that would
lock up all actions in that tab (except the close tab action), but wouldn't
affect other tabs.

We had this discussion back in 2003.  I've made the recommendation before, but I
am yet to see any browser get this right.

-Reactor