POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: nemesis
Date: 13 Oct 2009 23:10:01
Message: <web.4ad540e448067d0f9e60ca400@news.povray.org>
SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'm OK with Star Trek on TV and in the movies (OK, maybe not so much in
> the last ten years or so...). I'm a lot less tolerant of sub par science
> fiction novels.

BTW, just yesterday I saw on TV a fun movie called "Galaxy Quest" with Tim
Allen, Sigorney Weaver.  It parodies and criticizes heavily Star Trek.  Very
good, specially the implicit mock on juvenile fans as the naive squid aliens...

I'd say it's one of the best scifi parody movie ever, along with Men in Black
and Spaceballs...