POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie needs help with first project : Re: Newbie needs help with first project Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie needs help with first project
From: Jovian Ghost
Date: 10 Oct 2009 21:15:01
Message: <web.4ad1312e6c73c7c683b0b960@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I think that using spheres for corners and cylinders for edges is actually a
good idea, and probably the easiest for me to do. I do believe I may be
overstepping my bounds a bit.

But I also wanted to try my second idea (actually the link in my second post)
which is making a spline, then putting spheres that follow that spline. Then
drawing a cylinder from the top spline to the bottom.

That will work, but unfortunately I can't get my cubic spline to look right, and
for some crazy reason, POV-Ray only allows Bezier curves for prisms, and not for
anything else???

Is there an easier way I can model my cubic spline, rather than trial-by-error?
I tried exporting a spline from Inkscape but unfortunately that only does Bezier
curves.