POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hopido : Re: Hopido Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hopido
From: gregjohn
Date: 9 Oct 2009 07:25:00
Message: <web.4acf1d4f9be3660534d207310@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I'm not sure it's completely appropriate to advertise a commercial game
> here, but at least it's one of those really cheap iPhone games:
>
>   http://www.hopido.com/
>
>   What's so special about this game in question? Well, it's completely
> programmed by yours truly... :P

.... meaning you had a team of musicians and graphic artists supporting you?

Congratulations!

I'd heard that Apple had some draconian terms for refunds that imposed an unfair
penalty on the coder if an app were returned.  Instead of +$0.99 or +$0.00 in
profits, you only got a $0.20 penalty. Do you foresee this impacting your
revenue flow?

Why didn't you release a free, "LITE" app and then entice folks for an upgrade?
(I'm not saying you should have, just wondering what you think of that business
plan.)