POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie needs help with first project : Re: Newbie needs help with first project Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie needs help with first project
From: Jovian Ghost
Date: 7 Oct 2009 23:20:01
Message: <web.4acd59d36c73c7c2a2ae5f70@news.povray.org>
After doing some reading and stumbling across this thread

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C4a85a542@news.povray.org%3E/

this seems like exactly what I'd like to do.
Unfortunately I am unable to define a bezier spline using #declare. It seems I
can only specify linear, quadratic or cubic/natural.

So I started experimenting, trying to recreate the profile I want using a cubic
spline, with no success. I seem to end up having kinks in the spline no matter
what I try.

With a bezier spline it was easy; I just opened up Inkscape, plotted my profile,
and exported to a .pov file. But Inkscape seems to only work with beziers, as
oppose to cubic splines.

Does anyone have any advice?