POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bionicles & stop-motion animation. : Bionicles & stop-motion animation. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Bionicles & stop-motion animation.
From: gregjohn
Date: 3 Oct 2009 22:00:00
Message: <web.4ac801617f3efcb234d207310@news.povray.org>
HYPOTHESIS: the best-ever, cheapest possible, claymation, stop-motion armature
could be made from the "most boring" Bionicle action figure.

I've played with a few of them. They seem to have just the right rigidity &
poseability.  Problem is, some of them have too many frills around the body
parts. I was thinking about buying a cheap one and carve away all the ornamental
stuff, or research online for the most basic template they sell.

Anyone have any opinion here? I've seen armature systems sell for $200.