POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Simple animation-creation software? : Re: Simple animation-creation software? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:02:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple animation-creation software?
From: Charles C
Date: 25 Sep 2009 14:50:01
Message: <web.4abd10ba8e97becbcac4259f0@news.povray.org>
> Leroy Whetstone schrieb:
> > clipka wrote:
> >> I'm looking for a command-line driven Windows software to throw a
> >> sequence of image files together into a proper animation. Essentially
> >> something to run via batch script after having run POV-Ray. Any
> >> recommendations?
> >
> > Have you tried Cmpeg?
>
> I just gave it a try, but alas! It will not run on my XP x64 machine.

I used to like Dave's Targa Animator.  I just tried running dta3.exe and
dtawin.exe on a Vista 64bit machine and they both ran.  I wish DTA were still
supported - I believe the latest version came out in 1999.  It doesn't support
mpeg but it can create .avi's which may be rather large and may best be used as
an intermediary format.  It's fairly versatile having a number of options and
supports .png up to 16 bit per channel including alpha.  Have you looked at
ffmpeg?

Charles