POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Smoothing" a mesh2 object : "Smoothing" a mesh2 object Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  "Smoothing" a mesh2 object
From: Inquisitor
Date: 25 Sep 2009 13:30:01
Message: <web.4abcfd29b8262dab182abe670@news.povray.org>
I am using a height_field to generate an island out in the water.  The

facets just blend away.  I was also using a height_field for the ocean generated

Unfortunately, for other reasons, I converted the ocean to use a mesh2 object.

Is there some way of smoothing the facets of a mesh2 object without having to
calculate all the normals of each facet and then averaging them at each point?
Obviously there is code in POVRay already since its used for smoothing the
height_field.  Is there some other way to apply it to the mesh2 object?

Thanks