POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Different stylesheets for different screen resolutions: still a good idea? : Re: Different stylesheets for different screen resolutions: still a good id= Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Different stylesheets for different screen resolutions: still a good id=
From: Reactor
Date: 24 Sep 2009 16:35:01
Message: <web.4abbd6ecf51b89b37b3eed060@news.povray.org>
SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I've been retooling my website and implemented a new script that loads a
> stylesheet with bigger fonts depending on the visitor's screen
> resolution. Is this still (or was it ever) a good idea? Vista and Seven
> have resolution independent interfaces don't they? Wouldn't this make it
> superfluous?
>
> -Mike

To date, I am yet to see a reliable way of detecting the user's resolution.  You
also cannot detect the user's text size setting (in the browser) or the system's
dpi.  That said, I do think that having a link that users can click to set their
preferred size can be kind of neat.  IMHO, it should generally not be needed,
since the site design should tolerate any scale selected on the individual
user's machine.

-Reactor