POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More cows : Re: More cows Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More cows
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 24 Sep 2009 08:40:01
Message: <web.4abb678654b8f2076dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I've never read Dune, but I've seen the film. It has an almost
> unparalleled level of incomprehensibility. (Although unlike, say, 2001,
> it gives you the impression that it *could* potentially make sense if
> you understood it.)

Hmm, if you could remember most of the dialogue from the film, that Cow joke
would probably still make sense. Better to read it though. The film doesn't
really do it justice.

(The film *could* have been great though - a lot of the visual detail was spot
on, and there were loads of references to events/information that never made it
to the released cut - but the studio strongarmed Lynch and turned it into a bit
of a mess.)