POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid error : Re: Stupid error Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid error
From: triple r
Date: 14 Sep 2009 14:45:00
Message: <web.4aae8ea5d1b73158958421d50@news.povray.org>
> I suspect there's also a component of DRM security in there, since it's
> using Plays4Sure

Kind of an ironic name, no?

And to get on a real tangent:

I thought for just a moment about whether that's really ironic or not.  But it
is, because with a name like that you'd expect things to play for sure when in
fact the additional complexity might be what prevents things from playing.  I
googled "irony misuse" just to be sure, and this was the first link:

http://webweevers.com/irony.htm

It has an "excellent" example of irony in which a news reporter reporting on
recent deaths at a dangerous intersection is hit by a car.  That's unfortunate
and maybe coincidental, but not ironic.  If it's really a dangerous
intersection and he's running around it, then I *would* expect him to get hit
by a car.  So the highest-ranked page devoted to correcting misuse of the word
"irony" it itself wrong?

Now THAT'S ironic.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.  If I am wrong, then I haven't a clue
what that would do for the irony, and I'd be in no position to figure it out!

 - Ricky