POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
5 Oct 2024 08:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma in POV-Ray 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: MDenham
Date: 12 Sep 2009 16:15:00
Message: <web.4aac00f7235fbd0cc15a32a60@news.povray.org>
Ive <"ive### [at] lilysoftorg"> wrote:
> Ive wrote:
>
> > And my recommendation would be to reject JCS_CMYK because...
>
> Err, this should be "...reject JCS_YCCK..."
>
> -Ive
From what I'm reading elsewhere, Y/Cr/Cb/K can be folded down to Y/Cr/Cb by just
subtracting K from Y.  (Yes, this means you'd need to potentially support a
negative luma component in the process of generating the colors at any given
spot...  but shouldn't the internal calculation not have an issue with that
anyway, given that negative channel values can crop up in OpenEXR files
already?)

Am I reading stuff from people who are grossly misinformed?