POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Granite with limits? : Re: Granite with limits? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite with limits?
From: Reactor
Date: 10 Sep 2009 15:30:01
Message: <web.4aa9531890b339e233c8dce40@news.povray.org>
SharkD <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Is there a way to create a granite-like pigment that is limited to
> certain limits? I would like no new "cells" to be created if they will
> extend beyond the limits. Sorry if I didn't explain this well enough...
>
> -Mike

I think Rune made something that could do that, see here:
http://runevision.com/3d/povgoodies/#216

It basically generates a bunch of map entries, allowing you to control how the
pattern behaves.  Adapted for your purpose, it would make each cell larger and
larger until they blend together into one solid color.

-Reactor