POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help on lighting and glass materials please : Re: Need help on lighting and glass materials please Server Time
5 Oct 2024 16:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help on lighting and glass materials please
From: Reactor
Date: 8 Sep 2009 15:00:01
Message: <web.4aa6a8e0f02dae462b982c670@news.povray.org>
"tizer001" <tiz### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Povray and have learned most of the basics so far to achieve what I
> want. However I am trying to create an image with some glass objects and can't
> quite get the lighting and vibrancy how I want it.
>
> This is an image here:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/40381418@N02/3717188064/
> on Flickr. Can anyone show how this image was made, especially the lighting and
> the glass material and how it's so vivid and vibrant please.
>
> Any help/pointer would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> Tizer001

What version of POV-ray are you using?  If you are using the most recent beta,
you may want to temporarily turn off gamma correction and see if that is closer
to what you were looking for.

Add the code #version 3.6; to the top of your scene and remove the assumed_gamma
from the global settings block (if it is there) to turn it off.

-Reactor