POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help on lighting and glass materials please : Re: Need help on lighting and glass materials please Server Time
5 Oct 2024 16:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help on lighting and glass materials please
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 8 Sep 2009 13:55:00
Message: <web.4aa6999af02dae4686ff1d480@news.povray.org>
"tizer001" <tiz### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Povray and have learned most of the basics so far to achieve what I
> want. However I am trying to create an image with some glass objects and can't
> quite get the lighting and vibrancy how I want it.
>
> This is an image here:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/40381418@N02/3717188064/
> on Flickr. Can anyone show how this image was made, especially the lighting and
> the glass material and how it's so vivid and vibrant please.
>
> Any help/pointer would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> Tizer001

In addition to photons and whatnot (as Alain said in his post) try using filter
in the pigment block to make the color more vibrant, e.g.:

sphere { 0, 1
   pigment { Red transmit 0.25 filter 0.75 }
   finish {
      diffuse 0.1
      reflection { 0.1, 0.8 fresnel on } conserve_energy
      specular 0.5
      roughness 0.01
   }
   interior { ior 1.5 }