POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And you thought COBOL was readable? : Re: And you thought COBOL was readable? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And you thought COBOL was readable?
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Sep 2009 12:40:01
Message: <web.4aa1421d452927d482f38840@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> While we're on the topic of text adventures, I just played last year's
> IFComp winner:
>
> http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=4glrrfh7wrp9zz7b
>
>  Need a z-interpreter that can handle the .blorb file. On Linux I used
> Fizmo.

There's gargoyle too:

http://code.google.com/p/garglk/

>  The puzzles are just above mediocre. It's a short game, and you can
> type HINT if you get impatient. The cool thing about it is that it
> really does capture the essence of your mood when you're just
> procrastinating.

I have so many great old games I've yet to finish that I've been ignoring most
from recent years... BTW, most game from IFComp are supposed to be short, the
rules of the competition demand that one should be able to beat it in just
about 2 hours.