POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Matrices... ...matrixes... ...? : Re: Matrices... ...matrixes... ...? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:31:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrices... ...matrixes... ...?
From: arblick spule
Date: 3 Sep 2009 11:00:00
Message: <web.4a9fd8c5115a1008b75c66c30@news.povray.org>
Doh!  Turns out my problem was not needing the angles (although later macros
will need to do that (Look_At)).  What I need is the absolute position of the
point that has been rotated.  I.E. Just matrix multiply it!

I was starting with an object to symbolise a limb for an animated matey.  This
is always modelled at <0,0,0> pointing up Y.  The idea was to be able to attach
a helper at, say, <.5,0,0> which would have the limb as it's parent.  This limb
and it's little children would be rotated into place by the IK macro.

Knowing that, we can just Multiply the matrix ourselves and add the translations
and Bob's Yer Uncle.

Then, for instance, you could use that helper to attach a bendable pnumatic hose
between two limbs etc.

Thanks for your replys anyhow, because after reading them I begin to understand
more fully the whole Vector Maths thing.

Cheers!