POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS : Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
From: Mr
Date: 1 Sep 2009 14:45:01
Message: <web.4a9d6ade6629da5e88154c6f0@news.povray.org>
Here is what I have so far with the skin shader I'm trying to do... not much :(

maurice.raybaud.eu/images/stories/FastSSSradFlicker.avi

I used FastSSS2 macro to get render times below 6 minutes per frame (I was
aiming for below 3 But it's still faster than true SSS.
The problem is I had to use radiosity So now I wonder if the flickering I get on
the backlit side is because of fastprox or because of radiosity.
Here are my settings,

- for FastSSS:

#declare thisSSS=
pigment{pigment_pattern{fastSSS2(OBSuz,lpos,min_extent(OBSuz)-0.5,max_extent(OBSuz)+0.5,<1,1,1>*24,2,11)
cubic_wave}}

texture{
 pigment_pattern{thisSSS}
 texture_map{