POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fastprox02 error? : Re: fastprox02 error? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fastprox02 error?
From: Mr
Date: 31 Aug 2009 11:35:00
Message: <web.4a9bec5f2c6eb31e4bd5cd8e0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> This is for Sam:
>
> Using the proximity macro fastProx3() I get a parse error: ".... line 344:
> Parse Error: Cannot assign uninitialized identifier."
>
> This corresponds to the code: #local pf=eval_pigment(fpt,<Xv,Yv,Zv>);  in
> the resample() macro.
>
> No errors using fastProx() or fastProx2().
>
> I am sure you know what went wrong (or what I do wrong for that matter).
>
> My code line for this reads:
> fastProx3(FinalBuilding, min_extent(FinalBuilding),
> max_extent(FinalBuilding), <10, 10, 10>, 2, 20, <2, 2, 2>)
>
> --
> All the best,
>
> Thomas

This probably won't help you much but I had the exact same error for fast sss2
in fastprox.inc, yet using Blend2Pov so your problem and workaround could be
totally different:
My problem was that I was referring to "Final Building" before it was really
defined regarding the order in which things are parsed.
So what I did was call the macro inside the object block (Povmat text file in
blend2Pov)Also I needed the lpos variable (light position) so I made sure its
definition was done before the call too.