POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Highlights Syntax : Re: Highlights Syntax Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Highlights Syntax
From: Reactor
Date: 29 Aug 2009 17:55:01
Message: <web.4a99a3173ca8f3e0adf1b79a0@news.povray.org>
> Zeger Knaepen schrieb:
> >> But modulating the highlight intensity (or even colour) according to the
> >> highlight falloff - that's something new indeed.
> >
> > you think it's feasible?
>
> Why not? Should be some work, but not much of a problem.

Hooray!  I was thinking of how it could be used to make those fancy metallic car
paint jobs.  The aoi pattern is also handy for that, but some color effects are
more around the specular highlights than anything else.

If you ever need any other suggestions on where a color_map can be added to make
things more complicated, let me know.  I have quite a few in mind.

-Reactor