POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive? : Re: You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive?
From: triple r
Date: 28 Aug 2009 13:10:00
Message: <web.4a980e6ca684af8f958421d50@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   It's just incredible how he could store the *shapes* of all four programs
> inside a single self-replicating program.

I don't know exactly how he did it, but if I had to do it, I would use 1/3 of
the junk at the beginning to define each image (It actually looks like he's
divided them in half).  I would RLE compress the image and add or subtract a
constant until the ascii values were all in the printable range.  If you just
reprint the data section each time with different whitespace and the same
program at the end, maybe you could pull it off.  That's a million miles away
from actually pulling it off, but maybe it would work.

 - Ricky