POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know... : Re: You know... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know...
From: triple r
Date: 28 Aug 2009 01:25:04
Message: <web.4a97697cf3fdee4958421d50@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:
> I will admit to having done some absurd things like that in introduction
> to programming classes. Not for having forgotten how to solve the
> problem, but for the challenge of finding a very bad design and the look
> on teaching assistants faces when they have to read the code and offer
> feedback.

That's cold.  I had a friend who used the entire McDonalds value menu for
variable names.  Or I think I brought this up before, but I knew someone
learning c who programmed a sudoku solver and stored the whole thing in binary,
only the binary numbers were in decimal (e.g. 110110010.999999).  It involved a
lot of logarithms and powers of ten.

 - Ricky