POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive? : Re: You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You thought 4K graphics demos were impressive?
From: triple r
Date: 28 Aug 2009 00:55:00
Message: <web.4a97630da684af8f958421d50@news.povray.org>
> http://nanochess.110mb.com/chess3.html

That's pretty amazing.  Did you try it?  How well does it play?  I mean, not
well of course, but is it at least somewhat competent?  I saw a similar program
whose features included occasional suicide and such.  One of those "features,
not bugs" sort of things.

I've played around with these obfuscated things a little, and I was pretty
surprised how much you can fit in a kilobyte or two of c.  Not to toot my own
horn, but I'm not a skilled programmer in the least, and for 1728 bytes, I
managed to get a 3D incompressible fluid simulator with temperature convection
and buoyancy, adjustable size, an X11 display, volume rendering with faked
scattering, and animation output and playback.  Of course it's no chess
program, but the only trick is to do exactly what he did and iterate about five
times, realizing each time the way you should have done it.  It's actually
pretty addicting...  I think the most elegant I ever saw was this:

http://www.ioccc.org/2000/dhyang.c

 - Ricky