POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : union of door and handle pushes item off z axis : Re: union of door and handle pushes item off z axis Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: union of door and handle pushes item off z axis
From: optima
Date: 24 Aug 2009 16:45:00
Message: <web.4a92fb08b4a77fd0e1fab65c0@news.povray.org>
I took 3 different approaches to the problem with no success. Let me define the
problem in simpler terms for everyone to grasp at first look.

How do we rotate 2 combined objects (door and handle) inside a Union?

I tried
1- #declare Door_Handle =
union{object{Door}object{Handle}}
   // as a separate object

2- another union (for door and handle) inside the main union

3- everything in a single union (with door and handle rotated)

in all 3 cases the cabinet moves back by a visible margin.

I'm stuck, I want to do it in a single or 2 nested unions. What can I do?
Thank you, any kind of help will be appreciated a lot.