POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mountain : Re: Mountain Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:54:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mountain
From: Reactor
Date: 24 Aug 2009 14:00:01
Message: <web.4a92d4c976c01cd7ffeb02cf0@news.povray.org>
"tiocfaidh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I have tried this:
>
> height_field{ tga "test.TGA" smooth
>               texture {
>                       pigment{quick_color Tan}
>                       finish {ambient 0.10 diffuse 0.75 phong 0.1}}
>               translate<-0.5,-0.001,0> scale<100,15,100>}
>
> But doesnt work, I keep getting parse errors, no matching } .....
>
> ?

Can you post the rest of the code?  Even though POV-ray gives a line number of
where it discovered the error, it is quite possible that the actual missing
brace could be somewhere else in the file.  Also, what exactly did the the
error say?  The height_field portion appears to be fine, did it mention the
height_field as not being closed, or something else?

The style tips that others have given you will also help prevent errors, and, if
you are using Windows, the editor has the very handy "Match Brace" feature under
the Search menu.  If a brace or parenthesis is highlighted or the cursor is next
to one, hitting match brace will cause it to jump to the brace or paren it is
paired with.  If one can't be found, it plays the alert sound.

-Reactor