POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : union of door and handle pushes item off z axis : union of door and handle pushes item off z axis Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  union of door and handle pushes item off z axis
From: optima
Date: 23 Aug 2009 18:05:00
Message: <web.4a91bcada4a76a44e1fab65c0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
When I open the door of cabinet, say 45o, the cabinet is pushed back along z
axis. If the door is closed, zero rotation, problem disappears. So it has to do
something with rotations inside a union of 5-6 objects.
I guess the object order or rotation placement is wrong in the Union.
I couldn't figure out the solution, if someone was kind enough to offer some
help, I will appreciate it very much. Thanks a lot.

Why is the cabinet on the right is pushed back when its door is opened?

sample is at http://www.kitchendesigned.com/download/handle.zip

Ibrahim Dogan