POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS : Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 01:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
From: Mr
Date: 23 Aug 2009 04:20:01
Message: <web.4a90fb7d6629da5e64b6db110@news.povray.org>
> Mr schrieb:
> > I am trying to use Fast SSS 2 from Stbenge macro but can't manage to get an
> > ordinary finish with it. any specularity seems to cover up the effect. Here is
> > what I tried By directly modifying example files from around here (I modified
> > Object 2):
>
> I don't know much about Samuel's macros (heck, the guy should be around
> here somewhere - don't know why he's not responding himself; keep your
> eyes peeled for a guy named "Samuel [T.] Benge"), but I think it's a
> 2-pass approach; maybe you accidently applied the specularity in the
> first pass but should only use it in the second one.

I did try the SSLT, which is nice but not yet optimized for the speed I need

When I applied the finish instead of the finish of the object of the exemple
scene I expected it to work but I guess I should not touch it there and use
some kind of earlier declaration of the finish? Where to call for it anyway? Do
I need to put some condition syntax for that radiosity pass stuff and how it
should treat the finish?