POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Bitmaps to mp4 : Bitmaps to mp4 Server Time
7 May 2024 23:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Bitmaps to mp4
From: Inquisitor
Date: 21 Aug 2009 07:30:00
Message: <web.4a8e84442852da8182abe670@news.povray.org>
I've creating my second video.  My first one happens to be another hobby of
mine... boat design and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujngLy_QK4

For my second video, really a remake.  Its basically the same video with some
enhancements that have been suggested by Chris B and by my desire to make a
720p version of it.  Aside - I built up a new computer and its bringing my
render time down from about two months down to where I should have everything
rendered by the end of the weekend.  Anyone interested in building their own
system for doing this kind of work, check out this thread.

http://forum.pcstats.com/showthread.php?t=69549

Anyway, I was starting to try and put the images together and found that the
software I was using before isn't up to the task for doing 1280x720 pixel
bitmaps.  I was using...

1) Bitmaps to AVI, AVI-Creator, it still works fine for this conversion.
   http://www.bloodshed.net/avi.html

2) AVI to MP4, Free AVI_TO_MP4, It down sizes them to something real small.
   http://www.mp4kits.com/Free-DVD-Video-MP4-Software.html

Can anyone suggest a better method?  I have already done a search on this forum
and checked the resources page, which led me to these.  Anyone have a better
route to get to 720p?  I want to work on Windows and prefer freeware.  I don't
really have any plans of going professional.

Thanks.