POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : US ZIP Codes and SSN's : US ZIP Codes and SSN's Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  US ZIP Codes and SSN's
From: gregjohn
Date: 19 Aug 2009 22:05:00
Message: <web.4a8cae70c045a8534d207310@news.povray.org>
I recently read that they hand out SSN's in advance based on projected birth
rates to hospitals, and the SSN line up with zip codes.

The first five digits of my Social Security Number are also the zip code for a
very small town about two hours north of the small city where I got my K-12
education (I don't remember exactly what year I got my SSN).

Then here's a slashdot story where only people in New England are affected by a
mistake that hurts folks with a leading "0" in their SSN.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/08/19/2220209/SSN-Overlap-With-Micronesia-Causes-Trouble-For-Woman?from=rss