POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : if(condition), don't create an image : Re: if(condition), don't create an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: if(condition), don't create an image
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Aug 2009 03:35:01
Message: <web.4a8ba9d2b3160b62f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I'm working on a project where I want to systematically explore some variables
> which are in effect a function of frame_number.  If a condition is met, I want
> to have povray render the scene.  If it is not, I don't want an image on my
> HDD-- on to the next frame!

I think I might have a solution to this, something I worked out for my own
animations. But I want to make sure I understand what you're looking for.

Would it be something like this?: Assume that you're running a 1000-frame
animation, but you want to skip over every other batch of 10 frames, without
having to render those 10 frames as black. In other words, 10 rendered frames,
then 10 'skipped' frames, etc. (leaving you with 500 frames in the end.)  Yet
you want the animated 'action' to be at the same overall speed as your original
1000-frame animation, just with 'missing action gaps.'

If so, I have a dandy solution. (I'm going over the code now, to make sure I'm
correct about its operation--I haven't used it in quite a while.)

Ken W.