POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : if(condition), don't create an image : if(condition), don't create an image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  if(condition), don't create an image
From: gregjohn
Date: 18 Aug 2009 07:05:00
Message: <web.4a8a8ad39499caea34d207310@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a project where I want to systematically explore some variables
which are in effect a function of frame_number.  If a condition is met, I want
to have povray render the scene.  If it is not, I don't want an image on my
HDD-- on to the next frame!

I know how to create an error that outright stops the processing of the scene
file. For the moment, I've set up conditions that move the camera so I get a
black scene.
if (condition)  #declare camerapenalty=1E6;
I suppose I can then just sort a directory by filesize to collect the
interesting images.

Is there another way?