POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Frustration!! : Re: Frustration!! Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frustration!!
From: Lioness
Date: 15 Aug 2009 10:35:00
Message: <web.4a86c707be92e5065a751fb0@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> The problem is that your #if statement is comparing two function
> definitions. Instead you need to compare the results of evaluating the two
> functions.
> I suspect you probably meant to write something like:
>
> #declare Val1 = Image1(x,y,z).gray;
> #declare Val2 = Image2(x,y,z).gray;

Hiya Chris,
thanks for your reply!
Well, the situation has slightly improved, at least Pov doesn't try to throw me,
my cat and my goldfish out the window anymore ... However, I now get an error
message saying: Float expected, but vector or color expression found.

SIGHHHH!!

I've had that error before, but I can't remember what I did about it. :-{

Caz