POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What do you think? : Re: What do you think? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What do you think?
From: gregjohn
Date: 13 Aug 2009 19:25:00
Message: <web.4a84a051b9b0ee334d207310@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm of the opinion that attempts to "convert" someone to your religion
> does not fall under protected speech, and further, it infringes on
> others rights of freedom of religion.

We know you've NEVER attempted a forceful conversion in the realm of religion.

I'd support a "constitutional" right for older (high school) students to have
equal access to school grounds after-hours to organize themselves into
religious and political interest groups, no matter how controversial, from
"questioning" teens to Jews for Jesus.

Ninth graders might be able to handle themselves as far as choosing how to deal
with controversial after hour club choices.   But as far as keeping the school
hours environment, especially for younger ones, free of proselytization of all
sorts, that's fine.

"Rally around the flag", especially if it takes up time and space in the
morning, seems to give special dispensation to one special religious sect to
carry out their idolatry.