POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No country for old men : Re: No country for old men Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No country for old men
From: triple r
Date: 13 Aug 2009 17:35:00
Message: <web.4a8485e54ce693ed859688b90@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   However, in the movie "No country for old men" they spoke with such a
> thick Texan accent that at many places I had really hard time understanding
> what they were saying. Do Texans really speak with such a thick accent?

It didn't strike me as out of the ordinary based on a trailer I just watched
(the English one, not the French one I found first).  Of course it varies a lot
even in one place since some people speak more lazily than others.  I can see
where that would be tougher to understand, but the movie "Fargo" jumped out at
me a lot more.  Maybe because it's not as common an accent.  Enjoyable though.
It really makes the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy2HfixB9_8

 - Ricky