POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bokeh, blurring, and POV-Ray : Re: Bokeh, blurring, and POV-Ray Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bokeh, blurring, and POV-Ray
From: triple r
Date: 12 Aug 2009 09:20:00
Message: <web.4a82bccc5cceafad958421d50@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone given any thought to altering the blur kernel in POVRay?

I'll be brief:

uses obstructed rays.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.47bf5650425b71eaae42298f0

    while( ! in_circle )
         try_again

Shameless example of use:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.47c26b5e8e18150dae42298f0

http://pov.monde.free.fr/mael/mlpov081eng.html

> IIRC, someone had set up a scene to do just that a while back, actually
> doing it in SDL.

Hey, I poke my head in for five minutes and my work comes up!  I therefore
conclude that I'm the topic of many lively discussions!  Please, I need this.
Really though, I apologize that the right convergence of desire and opportunity
never came up so that I could learn how to patch POV properly and make something
people can use.  Now isn't the time either--of course--but maybe it needs to be
done.

 - Ricky