POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new guy...to everything. : Re: new guy...to everything. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new guy...to everything.
From: Ciper
Date: 11 Aug 2009 08:50:01
Message: <web.4a81687cd8b02b1a443424e70@news.povray.org>
"javi" <jay### [at] hawksrwuedu> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am new to POV Ray and imaging in general, suffice to say I am completely lost
> as to how I am going to create art using this program or how I can render my
> art in this program. If anyone has any tips on where to begin (a manual to read
> perhaps) please let me know.
>
> thanks
>
> -javi.

You can also use the online tool pointed to by
http://sixpairs.com/PovOL.aspx

You can just try stuff like "Sphere;" or
"difference Sphere; Torus Green; end"
in the text box and you will have a complete scene.

Or you can modify existing scenes (by putting your name in the strings...)

Then you can have a look at the generated
Pov-Ray SDL code to learn about SDL.

The documentation is on the tool's page as well and
it is written in the same language; so you can
use the documentation as "a set of scenes to learn about Pov-Ray".
(The doc scenes are still in the process of buing built)

You can even modify the documentation scenes to have your own set
doc scenes.

See also a recent previous post in this newsgroup:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.4a706c4b86936ff9f2bcf83f0%40news.povray.org%3E/

-Ciper