POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Building for a 64-bit architecture : Re: Building for a 64-bit architecture Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building for a 64-bit architecture
From: Samour
Date: 6 Aug 2009 14:55:01
Message: <web.4a7b26d576720364c007780@news.povray.org>
> Thorsten Froehlich schrieb:
> >> And if so, do you have any suggestions on a good reference to build these
> >> libraries? I've been searching online and tried everything there but
> >> so far no
> >> luck yet.
> >
> > Yes, the boost documentation at www.boost.org explains using bjam in
> > great detail. You can find them for each version of boost, for the
> > latest version it is at
> > <http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_39_0/more/getting_started/windows.html>,
> > and or older versions as well.
>
> I found that documentation rather poor. It took me some fiddling around
> and experimenting with the parameters before I got it to compile the
> particular 64-bit versions of the boost libraries I needed. I had the
> feeling that the documentation is lagging behind both boost and bjam by
> some version numbers.

Well I was able to build the source on a 32-bit machine and run the application.
Following the same steps on the 64-bit machine I was able to build and run the
32-bit app but got the error. So THAT is obviously not because of boost, and
may be a separate issue.

Now for the 64-bit version, I wasn't able to build the boost libraries so it
compiles okay, but I get a linking error specific to the libraries. Does anyone
have a 64-bit version of the boost libraries uploaded?