POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Building for a 64-bit architecture : Building for a 64-bit architecture Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:04:52 EDT (-0400)
  Building for a 64-bit architecture
From: Samour
Date: 6 Aug 2009 13:05:00
Message: <web.4a7b0c868859f61c6fc3d23a0@news.povray.org>
I'm using VS2008 on a Windows Vista 64-bit machine. Compiling and building the
32-bit POV-Ray app (3.7 beta 32) succeeds; however when I try to run it I get
the following error message from pvengine.cpp:

                  "ERROR : Cannot find Home entry in registry (and cannot infer
it).\n\n"
                  "This entry should have been set by the installation
program.\n\n"
                  "POV-Ray can usually infer the installation path but that
requires a\n"
                  "standard layout of directories, which also seems to be
absent.\n\n"
                  "If you did not install using the correct installation
procedure, please\n"
                  "do this before running POV-Ray for Windows. You can also try
running\n"
                  "with the '/INSTALL' or '/INSTALL <installdir>' option.",
                  "Critical Error",

I'm assuming this is due to the lack of 64-bit boost libraries. Is that the
case?
And if so, do you have any suggestions on a good reference to build these
libraries? I've been searching online and tried everything there but so far no
luck yet.