POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov : Re: SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov
From: Mr
Date: 4 Aug 2009 21:30:01
Message: <web.4a78dfa666dfbf96226379a20@news.povray.org>
> (3) It's "SSLT" ("Subsurface Light Transport"), not "SSTL".

I made it on purpose :)

> (5) You will notice that the current syntax uses neither "sss" nor "sslt", but
> "subsurface".

True... The rest doesn't matter.

> That may be due to the coefficients you picked for the material ;)

Yes I got through so much trial and error because I didn't find examples nor any
data on real world "sigmas" I must also confess, I din't understand what
1/mm as the way to express these coefficients meant. I hope I'm not bohering you
guys by giving noob feedback on still undocumented beta.