POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2009 11:20:01
Message: <web.4a76ff4e7dcf425a107abcd0@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> favorite is some twit telling me, "Oh,
> well, that is just the Fibonacci sequence... Well, great, if I used the
> it for anything, I might remember what that was. But, a) I don't, and b)
> someone that has no clue what the sequence looks like in the first place
> isn't stupid, they just don't know what the sequence is, so can't figure
> it out.

Reminds me of this:

Q: How does this sequence continue?

    M D M D _ _ _

A: No, it's not "... M D M", it's "... F S S".

Why? But isn't that plain obvois? It's the first letters of the German days of
week ("Montag Dienstag Mittwoch Donnerstag Freitag Samstag Sonntag") :P

Or, to put it in software developers' terms: Hey, the next characters in the
sequence could be *anything* until you show me the specs; after all, it migt
just as well be the output of a random number generator, right?