POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov : Re: SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov
From: Mr
Date: 3 Aug 2009 06:20:00
Message: <web.4a76b8c366dfbf963fe227dd0@news.povray.org>
> The mm_per_unit is ONLY used for the new SSLT feature.

Thanks! This way I won't fear to change the scale of radiosity or photons along
with it. I was afraid it would change scale of all the rays and make radiosity
or caustics out of scale.

Why not name it "sslt_mm_per_unit" to have a better idea of what it does... ? I
aslo think that naming it sss instead of sstl would be less error prone but who
cares...

> I don't think that the algorithm is optimised for a value of 100, it's
> just the default value.

I get it, only the default value is mm_per_unit 10 (100 was what worked best for
my scene)