POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Aug 2009 04:15:01
Message: <web.4a769c48ac52dfd46dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
> Indeed, one of the reasons I posted the quote I did.  It's interesting to
> me how many people who are fans of the Pythons are unaware of what their
> influences were.

It's probably a little wider-known over here, but not much. Very few of my
friends have heard of the Goons, although ISIRTA and Round the Horne are better
bets.

> > "Neddy, do you know they're sending up a rocket to photograph the other
> > side of you?"
>
> "What time is it, Eccles?"

"I've... got it written on this piece of paper..."

I'll probably run out of Goons quotes very rapidly, since I've only heard about
half a dozen episodes... I'm not nearly old enough to be a first-generation
Python quoter, let alone the Goons - even my parents aren't quite old enough
for that!