POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows Graphic Programming : Re: Windows Graphic Programming Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Graphic Programming
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2009 21:45:01
Message: <web.4a739d727b75ea1f5ea616ae0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, he also admits to using RAM chips over core.. As well. I'm
> guessing it was quicker to use a chip that build a memory core from
> scratch ;)

Quite a deal quicker, I bet... cheaper as well I reckon (let alone that I'd have
no idea where to get some thousand tiny ferrite cores...)

(Interestingly, from all I know, core memory has never been produced with
automated machinery...)

But at least he's using wire-wrap technology. Does anyone happen to know whether
that's still in normal use these days? I heard much to my surprise that it's
more reliable than PCBs, at least when using thru-hole technology...?

> > (not that I could blame that guy in any way - that type of ROM required manual
> > programming - *literally* >_<)
> >

> Heh. Bit, by bit... fun stuff.

Yeah. Probably makes you wish you had listened when your grandma tried to teach
you needlework...